Today, Ubisoft announced that Operation Dust Line, the free update for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, will be available on May 11 on Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Windows PC. Continuing the commitment to provide new post-launch content for the game, this second major update introduces two new Operators, a new map, improvements to gameplay, and more.
Two New US Navy SEAL Operators & The Border Map
In Operation Dust Line, two US Navy SEAL operators have been called to assist Team Rainbow to secure the Border, the new free map introducing a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways – making it the most destructible and open map to date:
· Valkyrie: Equipped with the “Black Eye” Gyro Cam Mk2, a quick deployment sticky camera that gives her team a new eye in the sky.
· Blackbeard: Carries the TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle Shield with him to battle, increasing his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
Improved Gameplay Experience
The development team is committed to continuing to improve the gameplay experience, through both new gameplay content as well as balancing operators, enhancing player comfort and improving net code.
· Loadout Customisation between rounds: Players can now customise their Operator’s loadout between each round, by simply selecting an operator and going to their loadout to select a weapon, attachments and headgear. This will allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
· Operator reworks: I.Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection, and Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapon and secondary gadget tweaks have also been made.
· Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls: By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only allow players to be more reactive, but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics.
· Winning Team Showcase: After the final round, the winning team’s Operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights.
Season Pass holders will instantly receive the new Navy SEAL Operators and non-Season Pass owners will be able to unlock them using earned Renown currency or R6 Credits starting on May 18.