Re-releases

Re-releases

Home Forums Games Discussion Re-releases

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ian – GK

There are still a torrent of re-releases and graphical updates coming our way a good 18 months into the lifecycle of the new consoles. State of Decay is the latest one of these.

Is it a good trend?

I tend to disagree, even if some things like Borderlands the Pre Sequel I can understand, given it came out after the new consoles were launched and many (me included) had got rid of the old machine(s).

Joe – GK

I’m at odds with the practice myself. Whilst I love having digital – and thus more permanent – copies of certain older, harder to get games, a lot of the time the process is sloppy and unnecessary.

For every great remaster where the game has almost been built entirely from the ground up, with major graphical improvements and smart gameplay changes, there are ten games that are hastily slapped on a next-gen disc with little to no improvements and labelled full price.

The trend has its merits, unfortunately they’re outweighed by an industry that’s desperate to simply make a quick buck whilst we wait for the “true” next gen games. Some of the titles weren’t even popular the first time round!

Ian – GK

Agreed. State of Decay, whilst on paper a good candidate, doesn’t really add much over the PC version which has been available for much cheaper – nor does it look as good either!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password