Virtual Reality. Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus or …

Virtual Reality. Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus or …

Home Forums Tech Discussion Virtual Reality. Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus or …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bjorn – GK
    Keymaster

Now that VR is hot again, we might get into VR gaming as soon as those new hardware add-ons are officialy launched. However, what to pick? Some might say Oculus Rift, some the project from Sony Morpheus. And even others will rather go for Valve’s VR.

What do you think?

Joe – GK

I’m inclined to say Morpheus. Whilst Oculus Rift really popularized VR again and made it closer to the science-fiction dreams I’m sure we all grew up praying to come true, I don’t think it’s quite there yet. The fact that it’s hard to get hold of, awkward to set up and underwhelming (at least graphically) are real drawbacks. Oculus Rift paved the way for VR though – and it’s absolutely vital it was made – but I think Morpheus will learn from all of Oculus’ lessons and mistakes whilst building on its successes.

With Sony’s budget and resources my hopes is that it will be a more impressive piece of kit from the start, hitting the ground running rather than building slowly like Oculus Rift has. Also – and this is more important than anyting else – it’s going to be easier to acquire and use – especially as all you’ll need is a PS4 rather than a beefy PC and a complicated rig.

Ian – GK

I wouldn’t buy any of them without trying first…

Bjorn – GK
    Keymaster

Indeed but most gamers won’t be able to try anything out.

At this moment I think the Oculus will be the best one. The one from Valve looks better but will be much higher in prince I think.

Bjorn – GK
    Keymaster

According to my info the PlayStation VR will be best in price/quality. The Oculus will be very expensive 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password