To launch its presence at Gamescom 2021, Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe announces the release of Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition, the new-gen version of the critically acclaimed title, available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Little Nightmares II has also reached 2 million copies sold, demonstrating the continued growth and interest in the thrilling adventure franchise since its first release in 2017.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is available for free on console to users who own the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version of the game. The Enhanced Edition on PC is available through a patch.
Developed by Supermassive Games, the new-generation version of the game will offer several improvements over the original title.
Two modes will be available, a Performance mode will put the game in 2160p and 60fps, and a Beauty mode will see the game’s resolution for up to 4K with dynamic resolution and 30fps.
Here are the details of what this Enhanced Edition includes:
• Beauty Mode* – Little Nightmares II runs at 30 fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
• Performance Mode* – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
• Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to reflect. The clarity and definition depend on the surfaces.
• Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disrupted by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
• Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically influenced by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and swirl after them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
• Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, for a more immersive experience when listening through 5.1/7.1 audio systems or headphones.
The PC version enjoys the same improvements and is customizable for all users.